10 Organic Ways To Kill Ants For Good
Ants are everywhere at the moment. They have even found their way into my kitchen and I am just about at my wits end. I don’t like to use harsh chemicals because of my dogs so I went searching for the best organic methods to get rid of them for good.
I have tried all 10 and all seem to work. Some take longer than others and depending on what type of ant you are actually dealing with. Check out all 10 and let me know if you end up trying any. If you have any other ways to rid them please let me know also and I will test it out and put it on this article.
10 Organic Ways To Kill Ants For Good:
1. Baking soda is poisonous to ants, sprinkle it around your plants to ensure ants will stay away.
2. Flour & Baby Powder will keep ants from reaching your plants, ants will not cross the powder – so circle your plants with it.
3. You can use coffee grounds, chili powder, cinnamon, peppermint or black pepper. All deter ants and if you pour coffee grounds directly on an anthill, they will eat the coffee grounds and implode.
4. Grits, instant rice & cream of wheat can be sprinkled around plants. The ant will eat a piece of whichever you sprinkle, drink water and the grain expands and kills the ant.
5. Fill a spray bottle with 1 part vinegar and 1 part water and spray on plants. The acid in vinegar will kills ants.
6. Mix together one-third cup of molasses, six tablespoons of sugar, and six tablespoons of active dry yeast into a smooth paste. Use the mixture to coat strips of cardboard. Keep out of reach of pets and small children. You can leave mixture on a saucer outside anthill and they’ll eat it and die!
7. Fold contact paper in half, with the sticky side out and make a circle around base of plant. The ants get stuck on the paper – problem solved.
8. Cut off the bottom of a paper cup and cut a slit up the side of the cup and coat outside with Vaseline and place around base of plant. You can also use packing tape.
9. Mix one cup of borax, two-thirds a cup sugar and one cup water. Dip cotton balls in the solution and place in areas near your anthill Ants will leave the plants alone and ingest the sweet mixture. The borax kills the ants.
10. Diatomaceous earth is a commonly sold organic pesticide that will destroy the insects outer skeletons, causing the pests to die from dehydration.
More interesting articles you may be interested in reading:
Thanks for reading and be sure to share this info with your friends using the social share buttons below. Talking about social stuff, consider liking our Facebook page to keep up to date with our articles. Check out our other articles for more mental scoops!