Easy Cool Whip Ambrosia Salad Recipe
This recipe for Cool Whip Ambrosia Salad ridiculously good. It’s a fruit salad made from sweet maraschino cherries, pineapple tidbits, mini marshmallows and mandarin oranges, in a whipped cream base.
And it could not be any easier to make. The instructions are: “Take some ingredients and mix them all together.”
It takes just 6 ingredients and 6 minutes to make. This is a dessert that can not be missed. You’ll see why they call it Ambrosia.
Some Ambrosia Facts!
- According to the Encyclopedia of American Food and Drink, “Ambrosia is a dessert made from fruits, sugar and grated coconut, most popular in the South.”
- December 12th is National Ambrosia Day.
- Recipes specifically titled ambrosia begin to appear in American cookbooks in the last quarter of the 19th century. Prior to this time there were several recipes that would produce somewhat similar results, listed under different names such as iced oranges. The key ingredient that separates these from “true” ambrosia is coconut.
- In classical Greek mythology, ambrosia is known as “The food of the gods”.
- The God’s kept their immortality by eating Ambrosia and without this substance, they became weak. A human being who took Ambrosia became strong and immortal.
Now that we have the fasts out of the way, head on over and get the recipe! Enjoy. It is delicious!